Forum

Welcome to the National Strength and Conditioning Association's Forums. Connect with members, join special interest groups, or discuss association topics and special events. If you are an Associate or Professional Member, read and post comments. To join in on a discussion, choose a forum and click on one of the topics. Members may also start a new topic using the “new topic” button. Also, be sure to “subscribe” to your forums so you can receive email updates on existing and new discussions.

If you are not signed in, please sign in to post comments.

RSS Feed Print Category View
Part Time Personal Training
Brian Parks 12/13/2012 6:56:20 PM
Posted: Monday, August 4, 2014 12:26 PM

Hey all. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on here that might help me. I currently work part time in the summer for a major league baseball club. At the same time, I have been studying to take the NSCA-CPT. I have always been interested in fitness and want to become a personal trainer. My issue is that my job in the summer can be very time consuming, and it is too good of a job for me to give up. However during the winter I do not have employment. Besides working for a corporate gym, which I have heard is not all that great, does anyone have any ideas or similar situations where I could turn a CPT into a winter job, while still keeping my summer job? This is something I really want to pursue, however have no idea where to start. Thanks to anyone who has any insight on this!!
Mr Elias Aguirre, NSCA-CPT 6/6/2012 1:01:35 AM
Posted: Monday, August 4, 2014 5:26 PM

Brian,

Have you considered being a strength and conditioning coach for that major league team? The NSCA has plenty of certifications to chose from that will allow you to gain creditability with your baseball team. Make time to study for NSCA credential, make time to get hands on experience when working for the fitness side, and make time all the time to be a better trainer and coach. Go NSCA and the rest will lead your path into leadership. Good luck!