Forum

Welcome to the National Strength and Conditioning Association's Forums. Connect with members, join special interest groups, or discuss association topics and special events. If you are an Associate or Professional Member, read and post comments. To join in on a discussion, choose a forum and click on one of the topics. Members may also start a new topic using the “new topic” button. Also, be sure to “subscribe” to your forums so you can receive email updates on existing and new discussions.

If you are not signed in, please sign in to post comments.

RSS Feed Print Category View
Board of Directors
Kevin B. Vanderbush, MS, CSCS,*D, RSCC,*E 6/6/2012
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2014 9:47 AM

The good news is that no matter who wins the Board of Directors Educational/Institutional Strength and Conditioning position we will have the high school coach represented on the board.  The bad news is that you will have to choose between the two high school candidates.  

Please take the time to vote and show the nomination committee that they were correct in putting high school coaches on the ballot.  A great voter turnout by the high school coaches may allow us to continue to be represented with positions on the board of directors. 
Those of us that were put on the ballot were given campaign guidelines that allow for the use of the NSCA forums to request votes.  
I have been a high school strength coach and NSCA member for the past 30 years.  I have always tried to promote high school strength and conditioning by continually sharing information through presentations at conferences as well as through e-mail question/answer and attachments.  I would like to see the NSCA find better ways for us as a group - to share information - maybe even some type of data-base where we can post programs, ideas, presentations etc. that would allow us an easy to navigate resource where we can see what others are doing and what works in different situations.  We have a broad range of needs, from the sport coach who wants to know how strength and conditioning can help their program - to the full time high school strength coach, with many levels of experience and interest in between.   I think that we need to continue to push to make high school athletic directors/administrators understand the need for certified individuals running programs at the high school level.  I would like to see the NSCA continue to get more high school speakers as presenters at the Coaches and National conferences, as well as look into the possibility of regional clinics directed toward the high school coach that would not only be more specifically related to our needs, but more affordable.  I understand that the typical high school coach does not always have the financial support of their school to attend the national conferences on a yearly basis.
If you have any questions about my platform, or any suggestions, please contact me at kevin.vanderbush@wayne.k12.in.us
Please take the time to vote.